I don't mind being exceptional. In some things, that is. I like being one half of 'Britain's First Internet Couple.' I like having a miracle baby that was never expected to appear. I like not being remotely ticklish.
But there are some things I DO NOT like. Here are some 'exceptional' things about me that aren't so great:
- I am one of the less than 1% of women who don't respond to epidurals
- I am one of the less than .5% of people to have had a traumatic brain injury
- I am one of the less than 1% of people who go BLIND when taking certain medications
- I am one of the less than 1% of women to have had a spinal headache (Horrific!)
- And, now, I am mother to the patient who has been in the UC Davis ER the longest number of consecutive days. 8.
Not exactly things I want to be known for.
The Pediatric Nurses have been, almost without exception, lovely. Considering we really shouldn't be here and they have a whole heck of a lot more important things to do that make us comfortable, they've done a wonderful job.
But this being the 8th day straight in the ER isn't ideal.
So I'm re-doubling my efforts to pray that a bed opens up for my son. . .VERY SOON. I'd appreciate it if you'd join me.