My homemade cottage cheese is just that good!
Between a ridiculously delicious no-pasta lasagna (check out this post for the recipe!) and nibbling from the bowl, I was barely able to restrain myself long enough to make Ma's good Cottage Cheese Balls with Onions!
It's hardly a recipe, really, but its glory is in it's simplicity. I've tried to make them from store bought cottage cheese, but the result was less than impressive. This recipe needs the real stuff to do it justice.
It's mega simple, too:
|Start with gorgeous homemade cottage cheese!|
- 2 Cups Homemade Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Herbs, chopped (I love lemon thyme, but whichever you prefer is okay!)
- 1/4 Cup finely minced Green Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Cream
- Salt to Taste
|Add tender fresh green onions and herbs|
- Gently fold together the first four ingredients
- Add salt to taste
- Divide into eight portions
- With clean, cold hands, form into balls (or you can just use two spoons)
- Serve on lettuce leaves or with a salad